On the 9th February 2015 our son Layton sadly passed away following complications from contracting chickenpox he contracted them on the Wednesday 4th February. As everyone knows chickenpox is a normal childhood illness, his older brother also had chickenpox the week before so we knew that it was only a matter of time before Layton started showing signs of the infection which he did.
On Sunday the 8th he started to show signs of improvement and back to his normal cheeky little self only to take a turn for the worst, both myself and his Dad noticed that his breathing had became heavy and his temperature was high so we took him to our local a and e department where they began to examine him and took blood tests from him they detected a bacterial infection in his blood and admitted him to the ward for observation.
He then took a major turn for the worst and began to crash the hospital were preparing him to be taken to a specialist hospital by placing him on life support as they had found that he had sepsis, he suffered a massive cardiac arrest and sadly passed away in the early hours of Monday 9th February.
More awareness needs to be done to stop other parents going through what me and my partner have and many others